Post provided by Péter Török
Guest editors: Péter Török (Hungary, chair of guest editors), Regina Lindborg (Sweden), David Eldridge (Australia) & Robin Pakemann (United Kingdom).
Understanding grazing effects on the plant composition and functional diversity of vegetation, as well as its effects on ecosystem functioning and services, is essential from both theory and applications. There is a vast knowledge accumulated on grazing and its effects on vegetation, but our understanding of the interaction between the type of grazer, grazing intensity and plant community type is far from complete.
The aims of this special issue are:
- To discuss the role of grazing in vegetation dynamics and functioning,
- To understand compositional and diversity changes in plant communities subjected to grazing by wild grazers and/or livestock
- To provide guidelines for effective biodiversity conservation and restoration in fragmented and human-influenced landscapes.
The collection of contributions in this Special Issue will address the role of grazing in vegetation dynamics of natural and semi-natural habitats. Contributions analysing grazing effects on vegetation are the focus, but contributions dealing with management, restoration and ecosystem service issues are welcome. Research papers on theoretical problems and case studies, as well as opinion and review papers fitting the topic, are also welcome.
- Abstract submission for evaluation by 31st March, 2022
- Full paper submission after an invitation by 31st October, 2022
- Expected competition of the special issue in 2023
Abstracts should be submitted as an MS Word file (*.doc) to Péter Török (firstname.lastname@example.org). The format of the abstracts (length, style etc.) should be in agreement with the author guidelines of the journal Applied Vegetation Science. The guest editor team will evaluate the submitted abstract based on scope, scientific quality, scientific novelty and form. They will decide about the invitation of a full paper in collaboration with the journals’ chief editor team. The invited papers will undergo a regular review for the journal.